A year ago I encountered this memory problem and I was able to fix it through reformatting the SD card (Solution #1). I encountered this problem again recently and wasn't able to fix it through the original solution. But I was able to solve it through the following method, I hope it will help you too.
My camera is JVC GZ-E200BU, the first thing you want to do is to check your user manual to make sure that the memory card you are using is compatible with your camera or camcorder. Once you are sure it is compatible, then check the menu for instructions on how to reformat the SD Card using the camera or camcorder's built-in option.
For example, to reformat my camcorder's SD card, I need to do the following (yours might vary):
- Insert the memory to the camcorder
- Click on “menu” (the blue one in the right corner of the screen)
- Click on “menu” again
- Click on icon that looks like a wheel (that leads to COMMON options)
- Scroll to page 5, where I will see a “Format SD Card” option.
- Format the SD card accordingly.
Steps at a Glance
- Check to see if the memory card is compatible with your camera/camorder
- Check the manual and use built-in SD Card Reformat option